January marked the fourth straight month that we’ve been bringing you the best in adventure fantasy through our new Black Gate Online Fiction line. Every week we present an original short story or novella from the best writers in the industry, all completely free.
The response has been very gratifying, and Fiction has quickly become one of the most popular sections of the blog. Here are the Top Twelve most read stories in January, in case you missed them:
- An excerpt from The Bones of the Old Ones, by Howard Andrew Jones
- “The Terror in the Vale,” by E.E. Knight
- “A Princess of Jadh,” by Gregory Bierly
- “When the Glimmer Faire Came to the City of the Lonely Eye,” by John R. Fultz
- “The Moonstones of Sor Lunarum,” by Joe Bonadonna
- “The Gunnerman,” by Jason E. Thummel
- “The Poison Well,” by Judith Berman
- An Excerpt from Seven Kings, by John R. Fultz
- “The Tea-Maker’s Task,” by Aaron Bradford Starr
- “The Whoremaster of Pald,” by Harry Connolly
- “The Daughter’s Dowry,” by Aaron Bradford Starr
- “The Trade,” by Mark Rigney
The complete catalog of Black Gate Online Fiction, including stories by Mark Rigney, C.S.E. Cooney, Vaughn Heppner, E.E. Knight, Jason E. Thummel, Judith Berman, Howard Andrew Jones, Dave Gross, Harry Connolly, and others, is here. The most popular Black Gate fiction from December is here.
We’ve got plenty more fiction in the coming months, so stay tuned!