Howard Andrew Jones held on to the top spot this month, with the excerpt from his second novel, The Bones of the Old Ones. Giving him a run for his money were new stories by C.S.E. Cooney, Vaughn Heppner, and Gregory Bierly, and a reprint from Joe Bonadonna.
If you haven’t sampled the adventure fantasy stories offered through our new Black Gate Online Fiction line, you’re missing out. Every week, we present an original short story or novella from the best writers in the industry, all completely free.
Here are the Top Twelve most read stories in February, for your enjoyment:
- An excerpt from The Bones of the Old Ones, by Howard Andrew Jones
- “Life on the Sun,” by C.S.E. Cooney
- “The Pit Slave,” by Vaughn Heppner
- “The Moonstones of Sor Lunarum,” by Joe Bonadonna
- “A Princess of Jadh,” by Gregory Bierly
- “The Find” by Mark Rigney
- “The Whoremaster of Pald,” by Harry Connolly
- “The Poison Well,” by Judith Berman
- “The Gunnerman,” by Jason E. Thummel
- “The Trade,” by Mark Rigney
- “Godmother Lizard,” by C.S.E. Cooney
- “The Terror in the Vale,” by E.E. Knight
The complete catalog of Black Gate Online Fiction, including stories by Aaron Bradford Starr, John R. Fultz, David C. Smith and Joe Bonadonna, Dave Gross, Harry Connolly, and others, is here. The most popular Black Gate fiction from January is here.
We’ve got plenty more fiction in the coming months, so stay tuned!