Ryan Harvey’s Godzilla review was our top article in May. His mammoth 5-part history of the Big Guy was also picked up by Boing-Boing, among other places, exposing the series to thousands of new readers; the final installment came in at #3 for the month. If you visited the site last month and read nothing but Godzilla articles, you weren’t the only one.
My analysis of John C. Wright’s conservative manifesto “Heinlein, Hugos, and Hogwash,” and the frequently hilarious response in the blogosphere, was our second most read article last month. Garrett Calcaterra’s well-researched “Can SF Save the World From Climate Change?” came in at #4.
Rounding out the Top Five was Fletcher Vredenburgh’s warm appreciation of Keith Taylor’s sword & sorcery classic, Bard.
The complete Top 50 Black Gate posts in May were:
- Godzilla (2014) Is a True Godzilla Film and a Unique Blockbuster
- A Ride Along with the Thought Police: John C. Wright, Foz Meadows, and Rachel Aaron
- A History of Godzilla on Film, Part 5: The Travesty and the Millennium Era (1996–2004)
- Can SF Save the World From Climate Change?
- A Perfect Artifact from the Glory Days of 1970s Swords & Sorcery: Keith Taylor’s Bard