Can’t Keep a Great Buncha Folks Down

Wednesday, October 9th, 2013 | Posted by Jason M 'RBE' Waltz

Writing Fantasy HeroesOr as Charlie Daniels sang, “RBE will rise again.” Or maybe not, but it is what he was thinking. Or maybe not.

It is, however, the truth. RBE (Rogue Blades Entertainment) has resurfaced online, finally putting up its first website in two years at Rogue Blades Presents.

It’s been a bit and then some, but the house is making strides and a comeback’s round the bend. The site is up, the books are all listed, the authors and artists are accounted for, and the future looks promising.

In recreating the site, I even discovered something spectacular: all of the old Home of Heroics posts! Granted, they’re buried in a mass of gibberish in an XML file, but it’s nothing a little elbow grease, good eyes, and lots of time won’t salvage. Volunteers?

Drop on by the new joint and share your thoughts of it; grab a book while you’re there.

1. Congratulations Jason! The new site looks terrific.

Glad to hear you found those Home of Heroics posts, too! You assembled a really great collection of writers, and it would be marvelous to have those posts accessible once again.

Comment by John ONeill - October 9, 2013 12:21 am

2. Thanks John – and thanks for being on top of things right quick, posts are always better with pictures :)

Comment by RBE Jason - October 9, 2013 12:26 am

3. I add a pic of WRITING FANTASY HEROES to every post on the blog, just by default. Turns out it was appropriate for once. :)

Comment by John ONeill - October 9, 2013 1:09 am

4. Holy snot! I’m so glad I checked out BG tonight. That is HUGE news.

Congrats, Jason.

Comment by Ty Johnston - October 9, 2013 1:51 am

5. Glad they are back up. Still want to buy some of their books. So many books, so little funds:(

Comment by Tiberius - October 9, 2013 9:24 am

6. Excellent AND awesome! Great that RBE is back on the interwebs and looking good.

Comment by Fletcher Vredenburgh - October 9, 2013 11:04 am

7. Excellent! Will Behemoth for Kindle be going up on Amazon?

Comment by Joe H. - October 9, 2013 11:28 am

8. This is great news! I hope you ll be able to publish the other anthologies you had planned like Assassins

Comment by Glenn - October 9, 2013 12:30 pm

9. What Glenn said. I’d love to read the Challenge anthologies, and Assassins.

Comment by John ONeill - October 9, 2013 12:33 pm

10. […] let you know that the Rogue Blades Entertainment has returned.  Publisher Jason M. Waltz made the announcement over at Black Gate earlier today.  The small S&S publisher went on hiatus a few years ago.  Fortunately RBE is […]

Pingback by Rogue Blades Entertainment is Back | Adventures Fantastic - October 9, 2013 3:57 pm

11. Outstanding! Congratulations, Jason. I’ve posted an announcement on my blog to help spread the word.

Comment by westkeith - October 9, 2013 3:57 pm

12. That’s fantastic news, Jason. With your love and enthusiasm for the genre, it was only a matter of time…

Welcome back RBE!

Jason Thummel

Comment by Jason T - October 9, 2013 5:30 pm

13. Wow. All I can say again is Wow. I am humbled by all your kind words and the overabundance of excitement at this announcement of RBE’s return to the web. It is most encouraging.

But I must forewarn you: RBE will (has to) be slow in its momentum, slow and measured, methodical and strategic. If I can be, and I sure hope so. I bit off more than I could handle first time out the gate, and it took some major slap downs to force me to recognize that. Not that I or RBE are in a spectacularly new and strong position, we’re just in a new and somewhat sound position. If I take measured strides and don’t try to do everything all at once like I did.

Yes, there will be more titles coming out. Both Challenge! titles will appear, a special project that we just signed, followed eventually by some more anthologies and (hopefully) some collections. I will try to bring Assassins to print, in some form and quantity, but that may be too far gone, we’ll have to see.

Again, thank you all for the terrific welcome back – I truly appreciate it.

Comment by RBE Jason - October 9, 2013 10:38 pm

14. This is some of the best news I’ve heard all year, Jason. Looking forward to see what the future holds.

Comment by Bruce Durham - October 10, 2013 12:15 am

15. Welcome news, Jason. I remember Home of Heroics fondly.

Comment by John Whalen - October 10, 2013 9:28 pm

16. Hell yea, looking forward to what you do next Big Guy!

Comment by Bill Ward - October 10, 2013 10:50 pm