SEVEN PRINCES – Cover Launch

Monday, September 26th, 2011 | Posted by John R. Fultz

sp-coverOrbit Books just did a cover launch for SEVEN PRINCES on their official site today: http://www.orbitbooks.net/ I’ve wanted to share this with BG readers for months, and the day has finally come…

Artist Richard Anderson did an amazing job, giving us a silhouette of each prince, evoking the golden sun of a battlefield, the waving standards of ancient armies, and leaving just enough detail to the imagination.

Richard will also be doing the covers for the 2nd and 3rd Books of the Shaper, i.e. SEVEN KINGS and SEVEN SORCERERS. More of Richard’s cutting edge artwork can be found at his own site:  http://www.flaptrapsart.com/

Amazon is taking pre-orders for SEVEN PRINCES right here: http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Princes-Books-Shaper-Fultz/dp/0316187860/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317091065&sr=8-1

Peace!
John

1. It looks terrific John — congratulations!

Comment by John ONeill - September 26, 2011 9:58 pm

2. Oh yeah! Congrats, John. Looks grand.

Pardon a blunt sort of question, but will this epic-length work be written in the style shown in your short stories?

I ask because I’m fond of the Dunsany/Smith/Vance influenced tone of your shorter stuff and curious if you went ‘leaner’ for a longer work.

Comment by John Hocking - September 26, 2011 10:40 pm

3. Johns O. & H.: Thanks, man!

John H: Well, people are saying this is a “classic” style of fantasy but written with a modern sense of pacing. I think anybody who digs my stories will dig the book–Dunsany and Smith are two of my biggest influences, so they are in my literary DNA, so to speak. However, I’m also a fan of William Gibson’s fast-paced prose and economy of style; the man weaves plots tight as fiber-optic cables.

My agent says this book is “a machine”–meaning a page-turner that pulls you from chapter to chapter. I see it as combining my love of lyrical fantasy with a modern storytelling sensibility. I’ve tried to evoke that “classic” sense of wonder while avoiding the “slow crawl” that a lot of epic fantasies end up being. So hopefully it’s the best of both worlds: Evocative and full of fantastic imagery, yet inherently readable.

Comment by John R. Fultz - September 26, 2011 11:02 pm

4. Congrats, John. Let us know when it comes out this side of the Atlantic and I’ll go get one.

Comment by peadarog - September 27, 2011 5:41 am

5. Congratulations, Mr. Fultz. I’ll definitely be adding this to my tbr list. Sweet cover, by the way.

Comment by Jason T - September 27, 2011 10:45 am

6. Hey, Peadar,

As far as I know, it’s being released in the US, UK, Australia, and Poland in January. Amazon UK lists it as Jan. 5 — two days after the US release.

Comment by John R. Fultz - September 27, 2011 7:05 pm

7. Excellent. Feel free to nudge on the day in question…

Comment by peadarog - September 28, 2011 8:38 am

8. Very cool! Congratulations!

Comment by Matthew Wuertz - September 28, 2011 12:11 pm

9. Gorgeous cover. There’ll be great rejoicing around the Gate when it comes out.

Comment by Sarah Avery - September 28, 2011 9:47 pm