Instead, they’re fueling my online shopping obsession. I spend hours every afternoon trolling for bargains, and I call it “research.”
Well, not your problem I suppose. You get to benefit from my compulsive behavior, and I get to fill my house with more books and games in the shrinkwrap. Everyone wins.
Terrific bargains this week include the definitive collection of one of the best comics ever made, Zot!: The Complete Black and White Collection: 1987-1991, as well as a nice assortment of Marvel Essentials and Marvel Masterworks (The Silver Surfer, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America).
Discounted fantasy and SF novels include Charles Stross’ Rule 34, the first installment in Richard Kadrey’s popular Sandman Slim series, Orson Scott Card’s latest Ender novel Ender in Exile, and Jonathan Lethem’s first novel Gun, with Occasional Music.
It’s a big list this week — thirty titles, all discounted between 60% and 80%. As always, quantities on these bargain books are very limited. All are eligible for free domestic shipping on orders over $25.
Let’s get to the comics first.
- Halo: Helljumper, Peter David ($10.00, was $24.99)
- X-Men: Second Coming, Christopher Yost, et al ($14, was $34.99)
- Reinventing Comics, Scott Mccloud ($9.20, was $22.99)
- Zot!: The Complete Black and White Collection: 1987-1991, Scott Mccloud ($9.98, was $24.95)
- Thor, Volume 2, J. Michael Straczynski ($8.00, was $19.99)
- The Silver Surfer, Vol. 1 (Marvel Masterworks), Stan Lee ($10.00, was $24.99)
- Fantastic Four, Vol. 3 (Marvel Masterworks), Stan Lee ($10.00, was $24.99)
- The X-Men, Vol. 2 (Marvel Masterworks), Stan Lee, et al ($10, was $24.99)
- Essential Iron Man, Vol. 3, Archie Goodwin ($8.00, was $19.99)
- Essential Thor, Vol. 1, Stan Lee ($8.00, was $19.99)
- Essential Thor, Vol. 5, Gerry Conway ($8.00, was $19.99)
- Essential Captain America, Vol. 1 Stan Lee ($8.00, was $19.99)
- Uncanny X-Men: Rise & Fall of the Shi’ar Empire (Vol. 1), Ed Brubaker, et al ($12, was $29.99)
And now the novels:
- Firebird, Jack McDevitt ($9.98, was $24.95)
- Beggars in Spain, Nancy Kress ($5.58, was $13.95)
- The Sunless Countries, Book Four of Virga, Karl Schroeder ($10.40, was $25.99)
- The Fat Man: A Tale of North Pole Noir, Ken Harmon ($3.34, was $19.95)
- Rule 34, Charles Stross ($10.38, was $25.95)
- Princeps’ Fury, Codex Alera, Book 5, Jim Butcher ($10.38, $25.95)
- Knife of Dreams, The Wheel of Time, Book 11, Robert Jordan ($11.98, was $29.95)
- Ender in Exile, Orson Scott Card ($10.38, was $25.95)
- The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Dreadnaught, Jack Campbell ($10.38, was $25.95)
- Sandman Slim, Richard Kadrey ($9.20, was $22.99)
- Songs of Love and Death, edited by Gardner Dozois and George R. R. Martin ($10.40, was $26)
- The Pirate King, R.A. Salvatore ($11.18, was $27.95)
- Dust of Dreams, Book Nine of The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson ($12, was $29.99)
- Betrayer Foreigner, Book 12, C. J. Cherryh ($10.38, was $25.95)
- Fatal Revenant: The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, Stephen R. Donaldson ($6.40, was $16)
- Unseen Academicals, Discworld, Terry Pratchett ($10.40, was $25.99)
- Gun, with Occasional Music, Jonathan Lethem ($5.60, was $14)
Most of last week’s discount titles are still available; you can see them here.